Project Panorama – Scheduled Notifications
With Project Panorama – Scheduled Notifications, it is easy to setup automatic emails which go out to anyone you like, as often as you like, and include the latest information about your project.
Here’s how it works…
To setup your recurring emails, login to your site and go to Projects – > Settings – > Notifications – > Scheduled Notifications. There you will find two things:
- The license key field where you will enter the license key obtained from your account page here after purchasing the plugin.
- A set of repeating fields for generating new, recurring emails.
You can create as many new emails as you like. Each one can have its own recipients, project association, subject line, message, admin title (seen only by you), and schedule.
Configuring a notification
Every notification will have the following fields:
- Schedule (Send this notification when…) – Defines the interval on which this email is sent to the email addresses listed.
- Recipients – A comma separated list of email addresses which should receive this email update.
- Project – The existing project which will be used to populate the values of the email tags in the subject or message.
- Subject – The email subject line which the recipient will see in their inbox.
- Message – The email body. You can include any of the email tags listed below the field. They will be dynamically replaced with values from the selected project when the email is sent.
- Admin Title – A label seen only by you so you can remember what this email is for.
Scheduled notifications are made much more useful with the inclusion of dynamic email “tags” which look something like this: %progress%
Here’s a list of what is currently supported and what it does:
- %project_title% outputs the title of the selected project.
- %project_url% displays a link to view the full project on your site.
- %dashboard% outputs a link to the Project Panorama dashboard.
- %date% returns the current date at the time the email is sent.
- %client% displays the name of the client associated with the project.
- %progress% shows the total progress for the project selected.
- %tasks_table_complete% renders a series of tables for each phase with rows populated by all tasks which have not been completed.
- %tasks_table_incomplete% renders a series of tables for each phase with rows populated by all tasks which have been completed.
- %tasks_table_all% renders a series of tables for each phase with rows populated by all tasks regardless of their completion.
- %project_start% displays the defined start date for the selected project.
- %project_end% displays the defined end date for the selected project.
- %milestones_list% returns an ordered list of all the project’s milestones along with the date and completion % at which they occur.
- Adds upgrade routine to ensure that previously existing Scheduled Notifications are recreated to work with the previous change
- Fixes an issue that prevented sending off the Scheduled Notifications
- Fixes an issue where Task Assignees wouldn’t output correctly within the Scheduled Notifications
- Improves updater code
- Updates our licensing and support module to the latest version
- Add Beta Checkbox and Support Form
- Correct usage of psp_send_email()
- Recreate Crons on Plugin Activation
- Prevent PHP Error if a Task does not have an Assignee
- Ensures that when an "Interval" fires off its Cron, only the specific Notification in question fires off its Email.
- Updates Support Module to the latest version
- Fixed issue with notification Project dropdown not showing all projects.
- Fixed issue with RBP support inclusion
- Updated .gitignore
- Pulled in RBP_Support files instead of submodule
- Added .pot file for real this time
- Converted email recipients field to text field which accepts comma separated emails
- Removed unnecessary user fetching function
- Initial release