Setting up new notifications in Project Panorama Slack
Unlimited Slack notifications can be created with Project Panorama – Slack. But how does one configure a notification? Well let me tell ya!
Once you’ve completed the setup process, you can click on the Add Notification button in the plugin’s settings. Then you’ll see a series of fields appear like this:
The current fields are:
- Notify when…: Defines the trigger which results in this notification sending a message to Slack.
- Slack Webhook URL: Allows for an alternate Webhook URL to be used in special cases.
- Slack Channel: For defining the channel to send notification to. Leave blank for default.
- Message: If the default message is not what you want to appear in Slack, enter a custom message here.
- Message Title: Optional custom title for the message when it appears in Slack.
- Message Pre-text: Optional text which will be prepended before the message in Slack.
- Color: Messages sent to Slack will have this color appear in a bar before the message.
- Username: Defines the name of the user that the message will appear to be from. User does not need to exist in Slack.
- Icon Emoji or Image URL: If the default image or emoji used for notifications isn’t your style, this field will allow for custom graphics to be specified.
- Admin Title: Only used within the settings interface for quickly identifying which notifications are which.
Setting up Project Panorama Slack
Initially configuring Project Panorama – Slack requires only a few simple steps.
- Install and activate the plugin
- Navigate to Projects – > Settings – > Notifications – > Slack and activate your license key (which you can find on your purchase history page)
- Follow the link in the description for the Webhook URL to where you can generate a Webhook URL from Slack
- After selecting the channel (which will only be used as the default channel and can be overridden in the plugin settings), you will be shown your unique URL which you can then select and copy
- Go back to your plugin settings and paste the new Webhook URL into the Webhook URL settings field
- Hit Save Changes and you’re in business!
- Fixes visibility for the __wakeup() method
- Includes support form on the plugin settings screen
- Improves updater code
- Add dynamic variables for users_added vs user_added
- Fix bug with new tooltip feature
- Add conditional dynamic variables to tooltips for easier notification creation
- Initial release