Setting up Easy Digital Downloads – Zendesk Support
Go to Downloads – > Settings – > Extensions – > Zendesk.
There are two fields you must fill one:
Zendesk Token – This is a security key generated by Zendesk. In Zendesk, go to Settings > Authentication then scroll down until you find the “Shared secret” option. Copy and paste the string of characters into the EDD settings.
Zendesk Prefix – This is subdomain used to access your Zendesk support site. Your URL looks something like this: https://yoursitename.zendesk.com/. Copy the “yoursitename” part and paste it into this field.
Now create a page on your website, perhaps named Support, and place the following short code in the content of the page:
Whenever a user access this page, they will be redirected to your Zendesk support system.
Configuring Easy Digital Downloads – Zendesk Support Settings
There are a couple of settings inside of your Zendesk account that you need to setup. In Zendesk, go to Settings – > Authentication and follow the steps below:
- Check the box for “Single Sign-On”
- Set “Mode” to Zendesk Remote Auth
- Set Remote Login URL to http://yoursitename.zendesk.com/access/remote/. The yoursitename should match the prefix option you configured in the section above.
- Set Remote Logout URL (optional) to your site’s URL: http://yoursite.com. This will cause users to be redirected back to your website when they logout of Zendesk.
- Licensing transferred to https://realbigplugins.com/
- Support Form included directly within the Settings screen
- Hotfix to Licensing Fix
- Addressed bug with Licensing
includes/class.extension-activation.phpfixing a plugin activation error.
- Moved Zendesk Settings from the Misc tab to the Extensions tab under Settings using EDD 2.5’s Settings Sections. It falls back to Misc if EDD 2.5 isn’t installed.
- Plugin now checks if the JWT Class exists before loading it. This should prevent issues with other plugins, such as Zendesk for WordPress.
- Updated base Localization file to reflect changes to text.
- Refactored and re-organized the code. The main Class is now named
- Added a new filter to allow two-factor authentication.
- Updated the plugin to use the Zendesk REST API
- Improved localization.
- Added licensing / updater integration.
- Added an option to not require a purchase in order to get support.
- Fixed an incorrect API URL.
- Fixed a problem with incorrect timestamps.
- Minor updates to maintain support for the new version of Zendesk.
- Initial release